Here are just some of the things to look forward to from the HUB for 2012
- Glasgow Cycle League/Bike Workshop – The HUB
will be Co-hosting regular cycle league events and will
operate a cycle workshop in the Ashgill Recreation Centre
which will allow community members to learn how to
repair and maintain their bikes.
- Parent & Toddlers Group – Parent & Toddler group will
start again in January .
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Groups – In partnership
with NUC. Positive Parenting Workshops.
- Music Programme @ The HUB – The HUB will be
launching its Music Programme in 2012 with access to
musical instruments and various recording equipment
- Outdoor Adventure (Adults Outdoor Activities) –
In Partnership with Outdoor Adventure Services The HUB
will be offering various outdoor activities including
Hill Walking, Mountain Biking and Wall Climbing.
- ASAP – ASAP will be running after school activities
aimed at 14 – 18 year olds in sports including Dodgeball,
Futsal, and Racketwall. These will also include
tournaments at the end of each block
- Community Council meetings – The Community council
will host regular Communities meetings starting in
January. This will give members of the Community the
opportunity to meet with Community council and discuss
any safety issues and obtain information/advice
- Café HUB – Café Community will re-open in January
and will be re-launching with a new and exciting menu.
Café Community also offer catering services for parties/
events on request
- Birthday Parties / Celebrations – The HUB is now
taking bookings for Parties in 2012 and now also has a
16 x 10 bouncy castle and Mega Slide for Hire.
(book well in advance).
- ARC & HUB – We aim to set up regular sporting events
and competitions alongside the Ashgill recreation Centre.
- Cashback Badminton – The Hub will be continuing its
successful badminton programme for young people
- The HUB Gym (16+)– Use our gym to get into shape in
2012. Stevie Partick can provide an induction
or general advice.
- GCSS Uniformed Services – We will be offering the
community a chance to speak/meet our uniformed services
once a month.
- Community Police Drop-in – The local community
police will be have a surgery once a month at the Hub.
- Community Computer Access – We have free
computer/internet access. Book in advance.
- Wyndford line dancing – We have an ongoing group of
line dancers – call for details.
- Large Cinema screen (5mx4m)– We have a large
cinema screen which we host movie nights. This can
also be used for P.C usage and be hired out.
- Games Zone – You can access our range of PS3, X-box
and Wii conceals on demand.
- Meetings Rooms (low rental) – We have a large number
of meetings rooms to hire. Please call for details
- T.V and DVD room - We offer rooms for rental with T.V,
DVD or computer access.
- A.V suite – We have an A.V suite equipped with smart
board for rental. Please call for details.
- Stage and Hall Area – We have a large stage and hall
area for rental. Ideal for party’s, conferences, day events.
Please call for details.
- Indoor Bowls – Have a go at our indoor bowls.
Call for details.
- Tai- Chi – Tuesdays at 11.30am – Call for confirmation.
- Councilors surgery’s - Alex Dingwall (Fourth Friday
of each month -2pm) and Patricia Ferguson (First Saturday
of each month - 11.30am) hold their councilors surgery’s
at the Hub. Call for details/confirmation.
- Community Lifestyles - Drumming, art workshop and
dance. (Tues and Wed). Call for details.
- Cooking classes - Starting in the new year,
call for details.
- Cheryl Lawns dance – Dance class that runs on
a Saturday (11.30am)
- Gardening project - The Hub is going launch a
gardening club in January. Call for details.
- Tuesday Night Kids Club – A new and exciting kids
club will be starting in January. Call for details.
North United Community’s
Wednesdays – Kids drop in 6.00pm -7.00pm
Thursdays – Drama Club – 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Fridays – Kids drop in – 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Saturdays – Breakfast club – 11.00am - 1.00pm
The HUB operates Tuesday to Saturday 9:30am to 9:30pm with a wide range of family and sporting activities, for further information please contact Roddy Sinclair (Centre Manager) on 0141 945 3855. The Maryhill Hub, 186 Wyndford Road. Glasgow. Tel: 0141 945 3855.