Here are just some of the things to look forward to from the ARC for 2012:
- Glasgow Cycle League/Bike Workshop – The ARC will be hosting
regular cycle league events and will operate a cycle workshop in
the basement area which will allow community members to learn
how to repair and maintain their bikes.
- Parent & Toddlers Group – After a very successful year,
Parent & Toddler group will return on Thursdays in January.
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Groups – In partnership with NHS,
Positive Parenting Workshops and Mobile Creche will launch
at the ARC in February 2012
- Play Together @ the ARC – The PACT (Parents and Children
Together team) will be re-launching “Play Together @ The ARC”
aimed at parents with children under 5
- Glasgow Council on Alchohol – In partnership with NHS, GCA
will run drop-ins on alcohol education January 2012 with a view
to running a youth work programme.
- Music Programme @ The ARC – The ARC will be launching its
Music Programme in 2012 with access to musical instruments
and various recording equipment
- Outdoor Adventure (Adults Outdoor Activities) – In Partnership
with Outdoor Adventure Services the ARC will be offering
various outdoor activities including Hill Walking, Mountain Biking
and Wall Climbing.
- ASAP – ASAP will be running after school activities aimed at
14 – 18 year olds in sports including Dodgeball, Futsal,
and Racketwall. These will also include tournaments at the
end of each block
- PAC – In partnership with Community Police the ARC will host
regular Police and Communities meetings beginning in January.
This will give members of the Community the opportunity to meet
with Community Police to discuss any safety issues and obtain
information/advice they require.
- Café ARC – Café Community will re-open on Wednesday 4th
January and will be re-launching with a new and exciting menu.
Café Community also offer catering services for parties/events
- Milton Community Council – The ARC will continue to provide
the venue for Community Council Meetings
- Birthday Parties / Celebrations – The ARC is now taking
bookings for Parties in 2012 and now also has a 16 x 10
bouncy castle and Mega Slide for Hire.
- Community Football & Zumba GOLD – The ARC will continue to
run football and zumba for people with Disabilities every Friday.
- ARC Starz Basketball – Basketball team for young people in
P5 – S1 train and play in regular competitions.
- Cashback Badminton – Recently the recipient of an award from
HRH Prince Edward, the ARC will be continuing its successful
badminton programme for young people and adults
- A+M Training – The MUGA pitch will continue to be the venue
for A+M’s Milton team training on Thursday evenings and
competing in Glasgow North fixtures on Fridays
- North Glasgow Boxing Club – Boxing classes will relaunch
on January 4th Tuesday – Friday,
Paul Hanlon Personal Training – Various keep fit and martial arts classes on request. Call 0141 772 7993.
The ARC operates Tuesday to Saturday 9:30am to 9:30pm with a wide range of family and sporting activities, for further information please contact Joe Moffat (Centre Manager) on 0141 772 7993. Ashgill Recreation Centre, 340-342 Ashgill Road, Milton. Glasgow.