Quick Contact

First Name  




Email address


How can we help

Select a service from the menu below  

Add any additional info

Leave this box empty


Noise Service

The CSG Noise Service was established in 2005 to enforce the new enforcement powers given to local authorities with the creation of the Antisocial Behaviour Etc (Scotland) Act 2004.

The CSG Noise Service work 7 nights a week and respond to complaints of noise from one domestic dwelling which affects another (or others). Noise complaints can be made by residents of Glasgow on 0141 287 6688. Following a visit, if it is discovered that the noise is excessive, a warning notice can be issued to the noise maker. If the neighbour does not then reduce the noise to an acceptable level, a £100 fixed penalty notice can be served. In the event a fixed penalty is not paid, the case will be referred to the Procurator Fiscal (maximum fine £1,000) and the noise-making equipment can be removed from the offender's home if appropriate.

To make a noise complaint or find out more, the CSG Noise Service can be contacted on 0141 287 6688.

Facts and Figures - Year 2010 / 2011

Some frequently asked questions

When is the service available?
Noise officers work 7 nights a week from 5pm until 2:30am (excluding some public holidays) The contact centre who will handle your initial call is available 24/7 so you can register a complaint at any time on 0141 287 6688 and the noise officers will respond as soon as they are on duty.

What types of noise do you deal with?
Our enforcement powers cover barking dogs as well as all types of amplified noise. For other types of noise we can provide a professional witness service and pass any information on to other agencies including landlords and our mediation service. For disorder or where the noise isn’t contained within a domestic dwelling Strathclyde Police can be contacted on 0141 532 5400.

What happens when I call the service?
When you call in on 0141 287 6688 your details and complaint will be taken by our contact centre. A noise officer will then call you back as soon as they are free and if the noise is ongoing arrange to visit your property to assess the level. If the noise is actionable under our powers we will usually issue a Warning Notice to your neighbour requiring them to reduce the noise or face a £100 fixed penalty notice.

Can I make an anonymous complaint?

A requirement of the Antisocial Behaviour Etc. (Scotland) Act 2004 is that we access the complainer’s property to show that the noise exceeds the permitted level for that period of the day. All our officers drive unmarked vehicles and never wear uniforms in order to protect your identity.