CCTV Services are pivotal to supporting the partnership between CSG, Strathclyde Police and Glasgow City Council by providing essential evidence for prosecution of offenders. CCTV services provide a 24/7 real time monitoring service; an intelligence led tasking and retrospective viewing and retrieval of stored images.
- 2780 CCTV discs provided to a range of Police partners (Division and Taskforces such as Gangs) as part of evidential packages for court.
- 224 Observation requests managed
- 17083 incidents logged
- 59% of police generated CCTV incidents
- 5538 pieces of CCTV footage disseminated to the police for action
Examples: CCTVThe following examples show where images provided have assisted in arrests:
- Drumry Road/Heathcote - 25 arrested for gang fighting and Breach of the Peace (B.O.P.), as highlighted in the local Clydebank Post newspaper
- Drumry Road - Serious assault, 2 males were arrested at the scene, however on review of CCTV images provided to the Gangs Taskforce by CSG a further 3 males were charged.
- Slatefield Street - An ongoing problem of males and females, of various ages, all gathering in and around the local housing association areas, drinking in public, littering and causing a general nuisance to local householders. A range of images were provided for Police over a period of time. Individuals were identified resulting in 15 people being arrested for B.O.P. etc also bail conditions were attached that prevented them from gathering in and around the area in the future.